I love grilled cheese sandwiches, but sometimes, they get a bit boring. So I am always looking for new, exciting recipes to switch things up a bit. I stumbled across this one on Pinterest, and it is so good, I just had to share it with you!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened or spreadable
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 4 tablespoons mozzarella, divided
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with softened butter. On unbuttered side of one slice, spread on pizza sauce. Then add about 3 tablespoons of the mozzarella, lay out the pepperoni, and then top with the rest of the mozzarella and the other slice of bread. The buttered side should be on the outside.
- On one buttered side, spread 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese and press down gently. Place this face down on a skillet or griddle heated over medium heat. Top the other buttered side (should be face up in the pan) with the rest of the parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese on the inside is melted.
- Enjoy immediately.
Recipe and image via Rachel Cooks.
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org